126012 - Application Support Engineer (Trading Systems) - Boston
We are looking for a Senior Trade Support Engineer to work for a top global company with offices in the Boston area. This position will be responsible for supporting all of their global systems used in the investment process (trading systems, FIX messaging systems, fixed income analytics & modeling, Bloomberg and Reuters). This person will work with a distributed global team to support all global applications.
- Front line support for the majority of systems used in the investment process. This includes identification, logging and resolution of defects as well as working with end users to identify improvements to workflows. Identify how to extract as much value as possible from our systems.
- Proactively seek out ways to mitigate issues re-occurring and be comfortable putting solutions in place.
- Working with internal clients to establish their short/long term platform requirements and then delivering on these.
- Providing end user training on the suite of applications supported, supplemented with vendor training courses where applicable.
- Supplier Management - Work with suppliers to ensure requirements of our clients are being met and new opportunities are explored. Coordinate and test any third party application upgrades alongside IT Team. Maintain constructive relationships and perform regular service reviews.
- Maintaining regular reports, providing ad-hoc reports , gathering business requirements and translating these into technical specifications.
- Governance of the Front Office platform, working with customers to enhance and deliver a support model that meets business requirements, designing and documenting processes and procedures for investment activities and support.
- Involvement in projects and platform enhancement initiatives, sometimes managing these pieces of work.
Core Knowledge & Skills
- Our ideal candidate will have an in depth understanding of Front Office systems, data and workflows – ideally Charles River. We are looking for someone who has a working knowledge of the end to end investment process, and the different investment instruments. Strong SQL and Excel skills are essential and the ability to communicate effectively across all areas of our business. We need someone who can work well independently and has a pro-active approach to delivering results.
Key components of The Front Office Platform are:
- Charles River Order Management System – Used by fund managers and traders to place orders
- FIX – Messaging that supports trade execution.
- Odyssey / UBS Credit Delta – Applications supporting Fixed Income Analytics & Modeling.
- Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters and other best of breed applications for investment management and research.
- Cadis EDM – To receive, cleanse and distribute all the data we source into our key applications.
- The instrument types consist of Equities, Fixed Income, Derivatives – Exchange traded & OTC, Money Market and Foreign Exchange
If you are already working with a Winter Wyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to email@example.com or call 888-986-6800 to speak with a recruiter today.
Please refer to Job ID# 126012