Meet Jane Durant
- The Top 10 WinterWyman Search Blogs of 2016, January 10, 2017
- Six Reasons to Turn Down a Job Offer, October 18, 2016
- Why Feedback Makes the Difference to a Candidate's Experience, May 20, 2016
- Five Reasons Why a Combination of Public Accounting and Private Industry Experience Makes You More Marketable, August 11, 2014
- Hiring a Controller? Here Are Ten Things that Matter Most, March 18, 2014
- Top 10 Reasons to Consider a Change from Public Accounting to Private Industry Now, April 17, 2013
- Career Success Secret: Get Both Public and Private Experience, AccountingWEB, February 25, 2015
- 5 Reasons Why Public Accounting & Private Industry Experience Makes You More Marketable, Financial Executives International, January 8, 2015,
- A Toolkit for CFOs: Everything You Need for the Job Hunt, Proformative, April 10, 2014
- The Big Four or the Private Sector? It’s All About You, eFinancial Careers,June 13, 2013
- Guys, suit up for success, MSNBC Careers, May 1, 2011
A Little About Me
The one piece of advice I always give to employers or job seekers is:
For both employers looking for talent and candidates looking for a new opportunity, my advise really is the same: choose a recruiter who will partner with you.
For employers, this means selecting a recruiter who will really learn your business and its culture, and who will really gain an understanding of the type of candidates you’re looking for. This ongoing dialogue continues throughout the interview process and needs to include timely and detailed feedback on resumes, post interview feedback and partnering in the offer and closing process.
For job seekers, the partnership with a recruiter needs to be built on trust. In our initial meeting, this involves getting into a lot of specifics of past experience and the desired next job, as well as honesty in compensation, any background check issues and job movement.
The biggest mistake I see employers or job seekers make is:
Not viewing an agency as a partner in the search process. Whether you’re hiring or looking to be hired, WinterWyman can add so much value to the process, as we’ve developed a very strong market knowledge and an understanding of your competition. It’s also important to be selective in partnering with an agency. Many of our clients/candidates work with WinterWyman exclusively.
The favorite part of my job is:
My personal interests are:
I am an avid traveler and I also enjoy Zumba, Barre, Spin and Biking.