Meet John VanderSande
- Are You a Software Engineer? If so, it's a Great Time for Your Career, June 18, 2015
- The IT Recruitment Outlook for the Second Half of 2014, July 24, 2014
- Turning the Tables - Questions for Job Seekers to Ask During an Interview, September 9, 2012
- 5 hot trends in software development hiring, CIO, May 18, 2015
- Keeping on Top of Evolving Tech Skills, Boston Globe, October 28, 2014
- Software Recruiter Helps Fill Tech Job Vacancies, Boston.com, October 21, 2014
- 5 Hot Fields for Computer Science Grads, Dice, October 2, 2014
- Startup Tanked? How to Plan for Your Next Act, Dice, July 31, 2014
- 10 Big Data Startups You Should Know About, Dice, April 21, 2014
- Attitude, Aptitude Can Trump Experience in Big Data Jobs, Dice, March 3, 2014
A Little About Me
The one piece of advice I always give to employers or job seekers is:
Keep an open mind. Be prepared and do the necessary research. Be honest and upfront. And, don't be afraid to widen the target as you'll often be pleasantly surprised by doing so.
The biggest mistake I see employers or job seekers make is:
Being too narrowly focused and not keeping an open mind. It's often hard to tell from a website, a job description, or a resume how good or interesting an opportunity or candidate will be.
The favorite part of my job is:
My personal interests are:
Family, woodworking, furniture making, antiques, cars, sports, movies, technology and space.