Meet Kelly Finn
- The Top 10 WinterWyman Search Blogs of 2016, January 10, 2017
- Six Things Recruiters Might Not Explain to their Candidates – But Should! October 11, 2016
- Should I Quit My Job? Ask Yourself These Six Questions First, August 16, 2016
- Why Candidate Experience Matters from First Touch to Last, January 4, 2016
- How to Handle Five Common Interview Questions, October 7, 2014
- Job Interview Language – What to Say and What to Avoid, September 9, 2013
A Little About Me
The one piece of advice I always give to employers or job seekers is:
For both employers and job seekers, be yourself and remember that cultural fit is everything. Most of us spend 8+ hours a day at work and we all want to enjoy the company of those around us. Not only does it make for a more productive work environment, but it also makes those 8+ hours enjoyable at the same time. You can train someone on a specific technology, but you can't train someone to fit in well with a team.
The biggest mistake I see employers or job seekers make is:
For employers, it's not being aware of how to retain top talent. What matters most to your top performers? Is it technical training? Opportunities for growth? Be in tune with what motivates them and make a point of communicating to your staff what you are doing to keep them happy. Everyone wants to feel valued and directly and indirectly letting your staff know you appreciate their contributions is critical. I think the biggest mistake job seekers make is not keeping an open mind or looking at the long-term picture. Opportunity sometimes knocks very quietly. Would you be willing to drive 10 minutes longer or sacrifice a relatively small amount of salary to get 2 steps ahead in your career? It's important to think about long-term career goals and to make a plan for the steps necessary to get to where you ultimately want to be.
The favorite part of my job is:
My personal interests are:
I enjoy attempting to keep up with my sports-loving children and husband. I am an avid reader, yoga enthusiast, and am passionate about all things related to home improvement and interior design. I also happen to make a fantastic Key Lime Pie.