Laurie Lopez, Partner for WinterWyman’s Technology division, provides concrete suggestions to employers about how to hire and retain Front-End Developers in this short video. Offering flexible work schedules, involving your Front-End team and these other tips will make your hiring process easier and more strategic.
Front-end developers work for a variety of different companies. Today, it’s pretty much across any type of organization.
Tips for Hiring a Front-End Developer
- The first thing is the type of work or project that this person is going to be working on. What’s so sexy or different about your project?
- The second is: don’t over-complicate the interview process. If your competitors are moving faster than you are in the process, they’ll be off the market.
- The third is: allow flexible work schedules. These candidates have access to many opportunities which allow them to either work off-site part of the time, or all of the time.
- The fourth is: sell your company. It’s really important that they hear and get really excited about your organization.
- The fifth is: involve your front-end team. It allows the front-end developer to interact with someone they are going to be working with.
Companies should consider hiring contract front-end engineers. Typically these candidates like to go from different projects because they want to keep their skills fresh.
It’s beneficial to use a recruitment firm because we have a network that’s already established.Hiring top talent | Hiring trends | Interviewing tips for employers | Software | Technology | Video